Check out one item for each person in your group on Wednesday, July 22 and receive an ice cream treat! While supplies last.
Register your family to enjoy a Wizarding Escape Room! Sign up for a time slot to test your skills by working through a series of tasks. Each time slot allows for an hour to finish all of the tasks. Individuals, families, or small groups can register together. Call 262-534-3988 to register for slot on Thursday, July 16 or Friday, July 17.
Join us in person, on Facebook or on YouTube for this fun piano concert. Registration is required to see the concert in person due to group gathering restrictions. Call the library at 262-534-3988 to register. Monday, July 13, at 6:00pm.
Experience unique monuments, worldwide landmarks, rollercoaster excursions, and more right from the comfort of the library! Sign up for a 25 minute time slot to explore the world using the library’s virtual reality goggles! Families or individuals are welcome to register. Please call the library at 262-534-3988 to find available time slots. All equipment is sanitized between uses. Wednesday, July 8 between 10am and 7pm.
The Waterford Library will be closing at 5pm on Thursday, July 2 and will be closed Friday, July 3 and Saturday, July 4. See you Monday morning at 9am! Have a great weekend!
The Waterford Library building is open! Everyone is invited to browse the shelves if you feel comfortable. Masks are encouraged but not required. Computers are available but limited to one hour per day.
Following the guidelines from the CDC, Central Racine County Health Department, Rebound Racine County Task Force, and Wisconsin Economic Development Corporations for Public Facilities Guidelines, the following measures will be in place for the safety of the community:
1. Patrons and staff are asked to cover any coughs and sneezes with your elbow.
2. Face masks are recommended for all staff and patrons when not behind sneeze guards.
3. Hand sanitizer is available at all service points for patrons and staff to use frequently.
4. Social distancing of at least 6 feet of physical distance from staff and patrons will be maintained when possible.
5. High touch areas will be sanitized frequently by staff.
6. Public access to the library will be limited to 25% of capacity.
7. Donated materials will not be accepted at this time.
8. Seating will be distributed for social distancing.
9. All toys and tables in the children’s area are in storage.
10. All returned materials will be placed in quarantine.
11. Study rooms can only be used by 1 – 3 members of the same family.
12. The Community Room, Storytelling Room, History Room, and Microfilm Room are not available to the public at this time.
Curbside Pick-up Is Still Available! Hours for curbside pickup: Monday through Thursday 9am to 8pm and Friday 9am – 6pm and Saturday, 9am – 1pm.
Follow these two easy steps to pick up materials curbside at the library.
Step One: Place your items on hold.
- Use our website, www.waterford.lib.wi.us, to search the SHARE catalog for items currently available at Waterford Public Library and be sure to set the pickup location as Waterford.
- Or, call us at 262.534.3988, and we will place the holds for you.
- Or, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, phone number, and requests, and we will place the items on hold for you.
- You may not receive notifications as you typically would. Holds will usually be available 24 hours after they are placed. Call the library at (262) 534-3988 or email at email@example.com to check the status of your items. Otherwise, feel free to utilize curbside 24 hours after holds are placed. We look forward to seeing you!
Step Two: Pick up your items.
- Park on River Street in the numbered parking spots and follow the prompts on the sign.
- Open your trunk.
- Call the library, and someone will place your bagged materials in your trunk.
- Enjoy your items!
Follow this link to find continually updated information with resources for education, library resources and more.
The Waterford Public Library will close to the public starting Tuesday, March 17. This is a preventative measure against COVID-19 and a proactive step to slow the spread of the virus.
- Due dates on all library materials will be extended to June 10, 2020. This extension applies to Wi-Fi hotspots, Launchpads, and all other special materials, as well as books, CDs, DVDs, magazines, and audiobooks.
- We have phone and information service and curbside pickup available from 9:00am – 8:00pm, Monday – Thursday and 9am to 6pm on Friday during our closure period.
- Library materials that are not fragile or oversize may be returned in the library return drop box next to the library’s entrance.
- Our Online Resources are available 24/7, and you can download ebooks and audiobooks, current and back issues of magazines, enroll in instructor-led Gale Course, and more.
- We will update this page with any new information. In the meantime, please stay safe and healthy—we recommend following the Central Racine County Health Department for updates and information. Thank you for your patience and understanding!
The following services are currently available at no cost to anyone with a valid library card: Gale Online Courses, OverDrive, Lynda.com, Flipster, and more. Explore the resources page and the links on the main page of our website.
All library programming and meetings are cancelled until further notice. The library plans to be open regular hours on Monday, March 16 from 9am – 8pm for regular services.