Waterford Public Library’s mission is to provide all patrons with impartial and inclusive access to a wide range of information resources, programs, and services in order to encourage literacy and lifelong learning, as well as to support educational, cultural, and recreational activities.
Waterford Library’s Vision Statement
Our vision is to be a center for information and discovery through innovative programming, robust collections, and responsive services.
Waterford Library’s Core Values
Waterford Public Library will guide the accomplishment of our Mission and Vision by:
- being a warm and welcoming place for community members to gather,
- being actively engaged in the life of the community,
- employing a collaborative, creative, and positive staff focused on patrons’ interests and needs,
- responding appropriately to emerging practices and technology in library and information science and anticipate changes in our community and environments,
- being responsible stewards of the Library’s financial and material resources,
- ensuring equitable access to library materials,
- protecting confidentiality of library patron records, and
- championing everyone’s right to intellectual freedom.